Terms & Conditions
- Contact us
- Making a purchase
- Methods of payment
- Delivery terms
- Tax charges
- Data protection, privacy and credit card security
- Returns policy
- BFPO and VAT free purchasing
- Ownership of content and license to use website
- Disclaimer / Liability
- BootShopUK is committed to ensuring your satisfaction. Please feel free to email or telephone with your suggestions or comments. We welcome all feedback, good or bad.
Unit 6 & 6A, Thorne Farm, Thorne Hill, Ramsgate, Kent CT12 5DS United Kingdom
Phone: 01843 825757
Fax: 01843 823658
Email: info [at] bootshopuk [dot] com
BootShopUK is a trading division of CopShopUK Ltd, one of the UK's foremost Police & Security Equipment suppliers.
Making a purchase
- Making a purchase could not be easier, choose from the following options:
On-line via our daily updated, hassle free and easy-to-navigate website.
By telephone – contact our friendly and informed sales team Mon-Fri between 10am and 5pm.
In person – come and discuss your footwear requirements with us at our Trade Counter and Warehouse facility in Kent. If you wish to visit to try on specific styles please call ahead of your visit so that we can ensure stock availability.
Opening hours are Mon-Thu between 10am - 5pm and Fri 10am - 4pm.
Note: By making an offer to purchase, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Trading. If you do not accept our Terms you should not place an order. If there is anything you do not understand please contact our sales office for clarification.
We welcome all new business, and are happy to supply individuals or companies, large or small, with their occupational footwear requirements. Account enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.
Methods of payment
- Credit or Debit Card - We accept all major credit and debit cards - Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, Solo and Visa Electron. Payment is conducted via SagePay, one of the UK's largest secure payment providers. Payments are pre-authorised (or ‘reserved’) and no money is taken until the goods are shipped (with the exception of Solo and Electron, where the type of bank account stipulates that pre-authorised payments are not possible, and where payment is therefore deducted at time of use). Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped.
Paypal – we are able to accept Paypal as an alternative to credit/debit cards. Ask for details.
BACS/Wire Transfer – Account and International Customers can pay directly into our account. Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 01843 825757 for banking details.
- The following prices include postage, packing, and insurance within the UK.
UK Mainland (England, Wales, Mainland Scotland)
Order Value £0+ Postage £5.95 ex VAT
N. Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Islands
Order Value £0 + Postage £9.95 ex VAT
Carriage rates shown apply to orders of up to approximately 20kg or 10 pairs of boots.
For larger orders please call our Sales Team on 01843 825757.
When can I expect delivery?
Customer satisfaction and speedy service is of paramount importance to us – orders received before 12:00pm Mon-Fri are despatched same day (subject to stock availability) via 48hr courier. (Next day delivery may be available on certain styles, please contact us for details)
Please be advised that we do not guarantee a next day service, nor do our advertised postage and packing rates include a ‘built in’ or implied premium for a guaranteed express delivery – we place equal importance an all orders as our priority, and continually monitor our delivery services in order to bring you the most efficient service at the best prices. Inevitably from time to time there will be supplier delays and other unforeseen difficulties beyond our control. In these instances, and if the delay is longer than 48 hours, we will email or telephone to advise you. If an item is required urgently or by a strict deadline then please contact our sales office to confirm stock availability and avoid disappointment.
Goods despatched by courier
Goods despatched via courier will require a signature. The delivery driver will usually attempt delivery on two consecutive working days following despatch. Should you be unavailable to take receipt of your order, a calling card will be left, and you will need to contact your nearest depot to arrange redelivery or collection.
We rely on our courier being able to successfully deliver orders. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you choose is suitable, or that you contact the courier immediately following a failed delivery attempt to avoid items being returned to sender (typically 3 days after a card is left).
Note: When items are returned to us undelivered, we are charged by the courier company. BootShopUK will pass these charges on to the customer, unless it can be established that the fault of non-delivery lies with the courier. Similarly in these instances, we will not be liable for the additional charges resulting from extra delivery attempts, re-sending of parcels or changes of delivery address.
- All prices are shown free of UK VAT (i.e. pre-VAT). Indeed the majority of safety boots are VAT free, but where VAT is payable this will be added to your order at checkout (this includes safety shoes, trainers and mid cut styles). VAT Number: 857 7374 74
- BootShopUK guarantees your satisfaction, and offers a 14 day option-to-return on all of our products. If you are unhappy with your purchase please see our returns policy for further instruction.
We are proud to offer a 6 month guarantee against faulty workmanship or manufacturer defect on all products sold (excludes wear and tear, or where items have been subjected to damage or used inappropriately). Where applicable we will offer a replacement or repair.
Data protection, privacy and credit card security
- BootShopUK takes your privacy in relation to the protection of personal information very seriously. We undertake never to pass information about our customers on to 3rd parties except for the purposes of processing your order, or unless legally obliged to do so. Customers can request the information held about them and what we do with it at any time in writing to the address shown above.
Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item and to store your details in the 'Remember Me' Option. If you would like additional advice about cookies please feel free to contact us.
For maximum peace of mind, we use Sagepay, one of the world’s largest secure payment providers, to ensure the best possible security in relation to your credit and debit card information. The secure nature of the payment process can be verified by the ‘padlock’ which can be viewed when you are asked for your payment details.
All credit card numbers are encrypted using 128-bit encryption on Sagepay's Secure Server when the order is placed. Sagepay is PCI DSS Level 1 Compliant - the highest level of card data security available. If you remain unsure of using your cards on-line, please feel free to order by telephone on 01843 825757.
- We spend a lot of time researching and testing the products we stock to make sure that they are all of a good quality. We do appreciate that from time to time products can fall short of this quality and we need to be able to get you a replacement item. Similarly there may be occasions where an item fails to meet expectations, or needs to be exchanged for an alternative size or specification. In these instances please follow the procedure below:
How to return a product
The fastest way for us to deal with your return is either by completing the e-mail Returns and Exchange form on our website, by emailing us directly at email@example.com, or by speaking to one of our advisors on 01843 825757. Either way we will note your details, provide you with a returns contact (via e-mail or telephone), and ask you to re-package and return the item as you have received it.
ALL RETURNS/EXCHANGES* MUST BE REPORTED BY YOU WITHIN 14 DAYS, AND RETURNED TO US WITHIN A FURTHER 14 DAYS FROM THIS CONTACT
*Excludes worn/used items later reported faulty under guarantee, see relevant section
Need a refund or exchange?
Unsuitable items, or items for exchange need to be reported within our 14 day cooling off period, and returned to us within a further 14 days from the date you notify us of your intention to return an item. You will be required to stand the cost of return, however unlike many of our competitors we do not charge a restocking fee. Goods returned for exchange will be subject to a second postage and packing charge at standard rates. Where a refund is requested, the price of the goods will be refunded in full (less P&P).
Items must be returned in a resalable condition, including all product packaging. We have an obligation to the next ‘owner’ of a returned unwanted item to ensure that the product is satisfactorily presented. Please do not return boot boxes without additional wrapping, as this may constitute customer damage and be subject to a 10% handling charge. A refund will not be issued for returned unwanted goods that in our opinion are not in a resalable condition - this includes packaging.
Note: Customers are responsible for any goods returned until they are received at one of our registered addresses. Goods that go missing in transit cannot be reimbursed, so we recommend that customers ensure they have adequate postal insurance/proof of postage.
Faulty, Damaged, Missing or Incorrectly Supplied Items
Claims for any of the above/notification of defects in newly supplied products must be made within 7 days of receipt of the order, and returned within 14 days of purchase. Later claims will be accepted at the discretion of BootShopUK. With clearly unused/unworn faulty, damaged or incorrectly supplied items, an exchange or refund will be issued within 7 working days of receipt of the returned item.
Where items develop a fault beyond 14 days but within our 6 month guarantee period, it may be necessary for us to send the goods to the relevant manufacturer for a fault assessment. Whilst we make every effort to resolve such matters quickly, this process may take up to 28 days. Where it is agreed that the product is faulty, an exchange or repair will be offered.
WORN/USED ITEMS REPORTED AS FAULTY MUST BE RETURNED WITHIN 14 DAYS OF NOTIFICATION OF THE FAULT.
BootShopUK will keep the customer fully advised of the progress of his/her faulty product return via e-mail or telephone. Each case is likely to be different, and will be treated individually at our discretion. In the event of a returned item being found not faulty we may charge additional postage fees should a customer request the return of the item following inspection.
Nothing in this returns section, nor anywhere else in these Terms and Conditions, affects your statutory legal rights.
- BootShopUK complies with the following regulation: "The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000" which can be found at http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm and with the new EU Consumer Rights Directive (June 2014).
BFPO and VAT free purchasing
- We are happy to ship overseas, and handle all International orders by telephone or email (since tax status and carriage charges differ to those shown on our website). Contact our Sales Team on 0044 1843 825757, or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a qualifying BFPO address, are a qualifying member of the HM Forces (contact our sales office for more details on HM Forces entitlements), are a VAT registered business in the EU, or reside outside of the EU, you do not have to pay UK VAT (Value Added Tax). In order to place an order VAT free (where VAT is applicable), please email or telephone our sales advisors.
NB. It is a criminal offence to make false declarations relating to your tax status.
We are governed by the export laws and regulations of England. By making an offer to purchase from us you accept your obligation to comply with these laws, including responsibility for any duties or taxes levied by customs on the purchase once it has been despatched from our warehouses and exported to its destination country.
Ownership of content and license to use website
- Unless otherwise stated, CopShopUK Ltd and/or our trading divisions (including BootShopUK), our content providers or our licensors own all intellectual property rights and copyright of material used on BootShopUK.com including, but not limited to, text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images and illustrations. Subject to the licence below, these intellectual property rights are reserved.
1. You may view, download and/or print extracts from BootShopUK.com (the website) for personal, informational and non-commercial uses only, subject to the criteria below:
You MUST NOT
(a) Modify/edit material (as described above) displayed on the website for any purpose.
(b) Redistribute, republish, sell, transfer, reverse engineer or create derivative works from material shown on our website for any purpose. The use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited, unless express prior written permission has been granted.
(c) We work hard to produce high quality, current, user friendly and eye-catching material to promote our company, and we reserve the right to enforce our intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. NO PART of the website or associated company materials (to include promotional literature - brochures, leaflets, banner ads and so on) may be reproduced, duplicated or otherwise exploited for commercial purposes without express prior written permission.
Disclaimer / Liability
- Whilst we strive to ensure that the information on our website and in our promotional literature is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the information shown therein. We may make changes to the information shown on our website at any time and without notice. Product sizes shown are a guide only. Similarly, the appearance of colours can vary greatly depending on the equipment used to view them on-line. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of a product we recommend that you contact our sales advisors prior to placing an order.
By making an offer to purchase, you are accepting responsibility for the use you make of the products you order. To the extent not prohibited by law, we accept no liability for any loss (including business losses) which is not reasonably foreseeable. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude/limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or misrepresentation, or to any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under English law.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable under English law, all other provisions shall remain unaffected and fully enforceable.